[Vision2020] School Facilities

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Wed Feb 15 11:33:50 PST 2006

Thank you, Shirley, from the bottom of my school board
trustee-parent-taxpayer-education lovin' heart.  I haven't seen the details,
but as part of the Idaho School Boards Association Governmental Affairs
Committee, I know we'll be kept up to date on the bill's progress.

In my reading of the State Supreme Court's decision, I understood that the
conclusion was that bond levies were determined to be an inadequate and
inappropriate method of funding construction and large-scale remodeling.
I'm concerned, then, that there is quite a bit of attention being paid to
lowering voter approval levels as a response to the Court's decision.  Am I
correct in understanding that regardless of voter approval levels, bond
levies are no longer to be the primary funding for such projects?  Please
correct me if I'm wrong; I'm sure this is confusing for others as well.

keely