[Vision2020] Dutch ovens

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Mon Feb 13 06:38:30 PST 2006

Sunil:

I have both a well-seasoned plain cast iron and an enameled cast iron
dutch oven. I use both regularly and interchangeably on my wood-fired
cook stove and have been for thirty years now. I have never noticed a
difference in taste of the final food dependent on which I'm using,
but that may be more a function of what I'm usually cooking rather
than the pan itself. My enamel is made by DRU, Holland. No idea how
it compares price-wise with Creuset but the one thing to look for is
how smooth/free of thickness variations the enamel is on the inside
of the pot.

Bon apetit!

Mark