[Vision2020] The Wal-Mart Effect on Moscow

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 12 11:00:02 PST 2006

Tom,

 OK Tom, if there are 12 thousand students at UI and Mike  Ivers was only able to  collect 25 signatures against Wal-mart in  the busiest location at the University, even if all those signatures  were all students, what percentage is that of the student population  opposed to Wal-Mart?

 Perhaps we should notify the police  that some people are joy riding 1000s of student cars and every week  and taking them to Wal-Mart.

  _DJA

Tom Hansen <thansen at moscow.com> wrote:                    st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                    Arnold stated:

    &#8220;Believe  it or not, most students and their parents do make a determination on  where to go to college based on the affordability of the college and  town. Having a large discount retail store and a large discount grocery  store available to them does impact affordability.&#8221;

    And  just what do the students say about a Wal-Mart super center?  I  could go on and on about how some students feel this way or that.   But, hey, why not have them tell you, just like they told us in last  Friday&#8217;s (February 10, 2006) UI Argonaut:

    http://www.tomandrodna.com/Students_WalMart.htm

    What the hey! Here, have a copy for  yourself:

    http://www.tomandrodna.com/Stuff/Students_WM.pdf

    Take care, Moscow.

    Hansen
    Moscow, Idaho

    "I  think one of the best ways to support education is to make successful  private schools like Logos prosper through tax exemption."

  - Donovan Arnold (July 11, 2005)