[Vision2020] The Wal-Mart Effect on Moscow

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Feb 12 10:16:28 PST 2006

Arnold stated:

"Believe it or not, most students and their parents do make a determination
on where to go to college based on the affordability of the college and
town. Having a large discount retail store and a large discount grocery
store available to them does impact affordability."

And just what do the students say about a Wal-Mart super center?  I could go
on and on about how some students feel this way or that.  But, hey, why not
have them tell you, just like they told us in last Friday's (February 10,
2006) UI Argonaut:

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Students_WalMart.htm

What the hey! Here, have a copy for yourself:

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Stuff/Students_WM.pdf

Take care, Moscow.

Hansen

Moscow, Idaho

"I think one of the best ways to support education is to make successful
private schools like Logos prosper through tax exemption."

- Donovan Arnold (July 11, 2005)