[Vision2020] Bird Flu

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 11 09:58:45 PST 2006

How do you suggest we prepare?  Just last week the news was saying the "flu
shot" is not working to keep people from getting the "A" or "B" virus' and
the Birdflu doesn't even have a shot yet.   The survey that was done said
that most of the people that got the shot still came down with some form of
it.

Don't know how many of you remember the "Swine Flu" episode of the 1970's,
but when I was in the military and they told us that we all had to take the
"Swine Flu shot" - I refused.  There were several of us that did not get the
"Swine Flu" or what they, at the time, attributed to the "Swine Flu" on that
base; I was one of them.  Fact is that of those of us that did not get sick,
none of us had taken the shot.  The military immediately saw that the
precaution for that pandemic should be just like anyother; wash, get plenty
of rest and cover when you sneeze.  Seems to me this is just another case of
"Swine Flu" and I will refuse to get any shot they come up with this time as
well.

The report of the "pandemic" is that IF it is happening this year, the
authorities are not sure where; they are not seeing the outbreak they
expected to see this winter.  Could be weather, could be the precautions
they have been taking (killing of birds they suspect or verify have the flu)
are working, could be there never was going to be any such thing.  I think a
panic or over-reaction to this is more harmful than anything.

Just remembering the basic cleaning habits and staying calm works far better
than most anything else.

J  :]