[Vision2020] Re: LMT reporting US losses

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 7 21:08:38 PST 2006

Matt,

I was willing to live with the 2000 election debacle.  But I do despise the
lies that have been showered on us by Bush in his prosecution of the war in
Iraq, and unlike you, I won't accept them.

I also despise the notion that we have some right to 'make a country
better.'  We invaded another state on the basis of lies and have occupied
them.  We have no right to do either, and the claim that we did it to make
them better is repugnant to me.  I don't think slaughtering civilians does
much to make a country better.  It sure as hell isn't improving us.

There's little in common between Germany and Japan on the one hand and Iraq
on the other.  If you disagree with this perhaps you can explain to me how
I've got it wrong.  We actually had a right to be in both Japan and Germany
after WWII; I don't see how we have any right to be in Iraq.

How is Iraq, as it plunges into a civil war, better now?

Sunil