[Vision2020] Holt Leaving Vandals to Join Linehan in St. Louis

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Feb 6 11:38:16 PST 2006

Shame on you, Mr. Carscallen, for hitting the sauce so early in the day.

Erickson or Gilbertson will become Holt's replacement immediately following
Angelina Jolie's public confession that she has been carrying Carl
Westberg's love child.

Erickson is one year into retirement and I seriously doubt that he will come
out of it a second time to coach Idaho.

As far as Gilbertson is concerned:  Gilbertson was a couple bad calls and a
couple plays away from being fitted for a Super Bowl ring yesterday.  Do you
really think that he would willingly give up another opportunity to
participate in the Super Bowl, and take a cut in pay so severe that it
staggers the imagination, not to mention Holmgren's unlikely release, to
coach Idaho?????

I, personally, would like to see Idaho sign Casey Dunn.  You recall him,
don't you?  He is the assistant coach under Mike Price who once played for
Idaho, and who openly stated that he would have gladly accepted the head
coaching position at Idaho had it been offered to him.

Failing that, I would gladly apply for the head coaching position myself.  I
feel that ANY changes I would make would merely serve as an improvement.
And, not only that, as a part-time IH, I would put in no more hours than the
student-athletes (20 hours plus the Saturday game) at $10.00 per hour.  Do
the math.  It's a win-win situation.

Take care, Moscow.

"Homophobia is like racism and anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry in
that it seeks to dehumanize a large group of people, to deny their humanity,
their dignity and personhood,"

- Coretta Scott King (March 30, 1998)