[Vision2020] Iraq & Afghanistan - To Date, 2,452 Souls Lost

Janesta Carcich janestacarcich at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 6 10:12:17 PST 2006

REQUIEM AETERNAM

Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine,
et lux perpetua luceat eis.

This list was released by the Department of Defense on
03 February. They were killed on either 01, or 02
February.

1st Lt. Garrison C. Avery, 23
1st Battalion, 502nd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade
Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division
Lincoln, Nebraska

Spc. Marlon A. Bustamante, 25
1st Battalion, 502nd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade
Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division
Corona, New York

Pfc. Sean T. Cardelli, 20
3rd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine
Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force
attached to 2nd Marine Division, II Marine
Expeditionary Force (Forward)
Downers Grove, Illinois

Spc. Walter B. Howard, II, 35
1st Battalion, 8th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade
Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division
Rochester, Michigan

Pfc. Scott A. Messer, 26
1st Squadron, 32nd Cavalry Regiment, 1st Brigade
Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division
Ashland, Kentucky

Spc. Anthony C. Owens, 21
1st Battalion, 502nd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade
Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division
Conway, South Carolina

Pfc. Caesar S. Viglienzone, 21
1st Battalion, 502nd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade
Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division
Santa Rosa, California

This list is compiled by a friend of mine. When
inquiring how he wanted me to credit him. His reply ?
"All the credit goes to the brave men and women (and
their families) on that dreadful list... not to me."

His primary source is the Department of Defense
website. Every day they release the names, ages,
units, and hometowns of casualties in Iraq and
Afghanistan. They are usually several days after the
fact, because of the lag it takes to make certain of
the information and notify the families. That website
is here:

http://www.defenselink.mil/releases/

There is a similar website for UK casualties:

http://www.operations.mod.uk/telic/casualties.htm

Finally, he checks it all against an excellent website
below:

http://icasualties.org/oif/

Janesta Carcich

"Peace is not won by those who fiercely guard their differences,
but by those who with open minds and hearts seek out connections."

~ Katherine Paterson ~

***Because I am finding my words on the blogs of organizations I do not support***

~~~~~ Original material contained herein is Copyright 2006, Janesta Carcich ~~~~~

~~~~~ Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020
             forum without the express written permission of the author~~~~~