[Vision2020] Pat Kraut, area churches, and teachings abouthomosexuality

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Thu Feb 2 16:57:46 PST 2006

Mr. Campbell, You wrote..

"Lastly, I do think that both you and Pat underestimate what I consider to
be the evil of Doug Wilson. Part of it is that you focus on the second
matter, completely forgetting about the third one. It is one thing to
believe — as Pat apparently does — that the Bible ‘says’ that ‘homosexuality’
is wrong. I would dispute that (not that you couldn’t find supporting words
for the claim, but that those words best convey Christ’s message). Here we
are back to the second matter, a disagreement about interpretation of a holy
text. But interpretation is one thing. If the CC/NSA crowd did nothing more
than collect bizarre religious views (forgetting, of course about the first
matter) I would ignore them completely. I myself have a collection of
bizarre religious beliefs, so I see no harm in this. BELIEF is one thing;
ACTION is another. Once those beliefs are manifested in some actish
fashion — whether it is in the form of changing Moscow’s laws about proper
dress or !
 speaking out in an offensive and repulsive way — I feel it is my right, in
fact my obligation, to respond."

In a paragraph that starts off with "the evil of..." and closes with Once
those beliefs are manifested in some actish (?) fashion-whether its in the
form of changing Moscow's laws about proper dress... " one might reasonably
infer the point I was trying to make.

As to my consistency, where in my post exactly did I suggest that you
shouldn't be able to criticize anyone? Where did I refer to anyone as
intolerant? Where the heck am I inconsistant? Run your gums till the cows
come home. I wouldn't have it any other way. I think that once again you
read way more into what I write then was actually there but then again so
what else is new?

Yours for free speech & improved reading comprehension,
G. Crabtree