[Vision2020] Pat Kraut, area churches, and teachings about homosexuality

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 1 01:41:43 PST 2006

Joan and Pat

I know that that is not the case for you and Rose and several others, Joan,
but there are folks who really do attack almost anybody with a religious
faith, some of whom post here.  Pat is sincere in her concerns.

Pat, Joan and Rose and a number of other people who post here are not
whistling Dixie when they say that their problem is with the outside of
church actions of some groups.

The post I made with regard to the subject was intended to ask those who say
that religion is an evil and a blight, why are they confining their attacks
to what some of them have referred to as the “Hebraic G-d"?  Jews and
Christians are not stoning people to death any more, for all the grumbling
of some.

Both of you are compassionate people and I find it hard to believe that
either of you would like to see public stoning, mutilation or any of that
sort of justice here.  I know that Joan is as outraged as any with the kinds
of actions that are occurring in the pure Islamic Religious States and from

I previously posted an article about a 16 year old girl who was hung by the
neck until dead at the end of a construction boom for promiscuity in Iran.
Not one of the guys who slept with her got the rope.

I have seen very westernly dressed exchange students at Winco, come in one
day with friends and load up on beer and the next day they are into the
store with the little lady, who is covered from head to toe with only eyes
showing walking dutifully behind him.

In Indonesia, Christians, Jews and Buddhists are routinely set upon by
crowds of fanatics and hacked to death.

The central government in Sudan, an Islamic law nation, has murdered close
to 250,000 non-Moslems in a very planned genocide in Dafur.

So, yes there is a culture war out there, but its not the minor skirmish
happening in Moscow Idaho.  The extremist wing of Islam really does want to
convert the world at the edge of the sword and they feel perfectly justified
in doing so.  They make the Aryan Nations look like the boy scouts and
unlike the weird skin head types, not many of us know enough about these
guys to tell them from a red, white and blue American Moslem.

If we pulled out of Iraq tomorrow morning, we are still going to be in a war
with Islamic Extremism.  We of the Western World, with our toleration and
cultural diversity and religious freedoms are anathema to these guys.  What
we stand for they do not want and they also do not want us as anything but
second class citizens under their own Islamic Laws.

Write the wrong cartoon, or book or spoof and regardless of where you are,
they can and will target you.  They imposed a death sentence on a well known
film director in the Netherlands, rioted to keep a production of a play
against honor killings from being shown in England and just threatened
bombing of a Danish newspaper for the cartoon mentioned.  So this is not
some problem in some distant corner of the world that we can seal ourselves
off from.  People are being killed in the Philippines, in Thailand, in
Indonesia, in Sri Lanka, in Africa and in one heck of a lot of the rest of
the world so that this group can impose its beliefs on the globe.

I guess I have to ask all of you who post here, what’s more important, the
battles and quibbles we fight over at the margins here or trying to see that
Islamic Extremism does not prevail?  Have any of you figured out yet that
our warring with each other simply frees these fanatics to pick us all off?

Phil Nisbet

PS  This is not an indictment of the general Islamic community, because the
majority of moslems are indeed peace loving folks.  The problem is that the
fanatic arms of their religion make up a block of close to 100,000,000 who
are not peace loving.  Appeasement ala Chamberlian in Muncih is no answer,
because just as in 1938, the real war will end up on our doorstep.