[Vision2020] Reactions to hanging

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Sun Dec 31 09:29:22 PST 2006

Handing him over to what would likely be a lynch mob is no different
than lynching him ourselves.

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 31 08:57:42 PST 2006

I think that all crimes of this magnitude should be tried by an
international tribunal appointed by the UN.  I think the world should
have a say in how acts of mass-murder by a government should be
handled.  The sheer scope of the crimes makes it an international
matter, not to mention the fact that a fair trial was proven to be
impossible to be had in Iraq as exemplified by his actual trial.

Paul

> Robert Fisk | A Dictator Created, Then Destroyed, by America

> <http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/123006Z.shtml>

> Robert Fisk revisits the circumstances that resulted in Saddam
> Hussein's
rise to power, and asks, "Who encouraged Saddam to invade Iran in 1980,
which was the greatest war crime he has committed, for it led to the
deaths
of a million and a half souls?  And who sold him the components for the
chemical weapons with which he drenched Iran and the Kurds? We did. No
wonder the Americans, who controlled Saddam's weird trial, forbad any
mention of this, his most obscene atrocity, in the charges against him.
Could he not have been handed over to the Iranians for sentencing for
this
massive war crime? Of course not. Because that would also expose our
culpability."

Ralph