[Vision2020] "Elementary, My Dar Watson . . . " (Humor)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Dec 28 05:36:03 PST 2006

"Elementary, My Dear Watson..."

On a warm summer night, Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson decide to go on a
camping trip together. As they lay down for the night, Holmes replied to
Watson:

"Look up into the sky and tell me what you see."

"I see millions and millions of stars," Watson observed.

"Very astute, Watson! And what does that tell you?"

Watson thought for a moment and then nervously replied, "Well,
astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies  and
potentially billions of planets. Theologically, it tells me that God is
great and that we are small and insignificant. And, uh...meteorologically,
it tells me that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow.

Watson glanced over at Sherlock and noticed a look of consternation on his
face. Unsure if he'd spoken correctly, he decided to prompt and response
from Sherlock and replied, "Um...perhaps, I'm wrong. What does it tell you?"

Sherlock pursed his lips, looked intently into the night air and replied:

"Somebody stole our tent."

Seeya round town, Moscow.

sideways, chocolate in one hand, a drink in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. What a ride!'"