[Vision2020] [Norton AntiSpam] Re: Otter Plans Closed-Door Oath Taking

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Dec 26 16:25:47 PST 2006

Just a reminder -

The oath of office starts with the words "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) .
. . "

>From the US Government's National Endowment for the Humanities at:

http://edsitement.neh.gov/view_lesson_plan.asp?id=333

"The Constitution offers a choice. Presidents may "swear" (on a Bible) or
"affirm" their oath (on some other book)."

Another thing that was reflected in a statement I heard a while ago.  The
person taking the oath, places his/her hand on the Bible (or some other
book) declaring to defend the Constitution.  They do not place their hand on
the Constitution declaring to defend the Bible.

OK?

sideways, chocolate in one hand, a drink in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. What a ride!'"

  _____