[Vision2020] Time Warner Cable & KAYU

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 21 18:31:32 PST 2006

  Saundra,

  It would cost a lot of money to have a la carte programming. Could you imagine the labor costs of manually disconnecting and connecting each and every station for every TV set in the country based on owner preference? That would cost billions and billions of dollars every year to do that!

  It is much cheaper and simpler to just order all the channels you want and block out the ones you don't want using your V-Chip. That is what I did.

  I could see in 5-15 years us getting our TV channels over the Internet and having it set up where the buyer selects the channels that they wants and pays according to the value of that channel and only gets those channels. But until then, it sure is a waste of resources and $$$$$$$ to have the cable and satellite companies do something for you that you can do more easily yourself.

  The other thing you can do is get a TiVo (Digital Video Recorder DVR) for about $15 a month which will find and record only the programs you want to watch. Then not only do you not have to watch channels you don't want to watch, but you also don't have to watch shows you don't want to watch either.

  Merry Christmas,

  Donovan J Arnold

I have no motivation to switch who I pay, but I *do* have an interest in not
paying for a ton of channels I don't want to watch :-) Who will keep -- or
get -- me as a customer will be the first provider to offer
consumer-empowering a la carte programming :-)

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
- Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2006, Saundra Lund.
Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****