[Vision2020] tony's worries for american women

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 00:12:32 PST 2006

On 12/16/06, Tony <tonytime at clearwire.net> wrote:
> Actually Andreas, your source does NOT help.  First, it fails to answer the
> question of how many WOMAN have been killed in Iraq as a direct consequence
> of our involvement.  Also, it is admittedly an "estimate" and as such hardly
> qualifies as solid and reliable information.
>
> Do respond when you are capable of being more rigorous.

T. --

It can be said with 95% certainty that it falls somewhere between
400,000 and 900,000. Deaths were very heavily concentrated amongst
males, 15-44; however, eyeballing the graphs in the study, it appears
as though between 12-18% of the deaths have been amongst females,
which puts the number of female deaths (assuming 15%) between 60,000
and 120,000. Taking the Iraqi government's own lowball estimate of
civilian deaths, which hovers around 120,000, last I saw, and assuming
the same proportions, that still means that 18,000 women have died due
to this useless war.

Again, if the US military deigned to collect this information, I
suspect that we might have some competing statistics on civilian death
tolls. However, they neither collect nor release this information;
they just occasionally produce "estimates" with no more empirical
evidence than "what Don Rumsfeld thinks this month".

-- ACS