[Vision2020] New Virus?

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 11 19:36:26 PST 2006

Hoax or not, it's a good reminder not to open attachments from strangers.

I'd also recommend using an email client that makes you jump through
hoops to run executables, such as Mozilla's Thunderbird program, or
running OpenOffice to view Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint files.

Microsoft is making forward progress on security issues, but most of
their stuff has been deliberately designed to interact with everything
else at the drop of a hat.  In a perfect world this would be a good
thing, but in the reality in which we live it causes many thousands of
machines to be taken over as automated zombies sending spam, and many
people to learn the intracacies of canceling credit cards.

If you truly want to be safe, run Linux :)

Paul