[Vision2020] [Bulk] Re: Repentant Sinner my ass!

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 11 19:18:59 PST 2006

The word "abuse" implies, to me anyway, that something bad was done to
someone else.  A professor and a student having a consensual
relationship, regardless of who initiated it, is not abuse.  It's
unethical, sure, but it's not abuse.  Abuse would involve the professor
refusing to pass the student unless the student had sex with him or
her.  Or, conversely, the student seducing the professor then
blackmailing him or her into giving the student good grades in exchange
for not telling the professor's significant other.

 From what I remember of this whole escapade when it was happening,
there was no coersion involved on either side.  Just two adults engaging
in sex in one form or another.

I do remember trying my best to avoid the whole media frenzy, though,
because I thought there were more important things that the media should
have been focusing on at the time.  Such as the Digital Millenium
Copyright Act, or the migratory habits of nocturnal owls.

Paul