[Vision2020] Gottschalk's & the Mall

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Mon Dec 11 10:37:36 PST 2006

Thanks to someone who pays better attention than I, the following story
appeared in the weekend Moscow-Pullman Daily News:

Make way for new stores

Staff report
Saturday, December 9, 2006 - Page Updated at 12:01:00 AM

It appears several large retail chains are interested in the Moscow-Pullman
area.

Palouse Mall property manager Jim Bendickson confirmed Friday that Old Navy
and Bed, Bath and Beyond will soon open stores at the Moscow location.

He would not disclose any dates for the anticipated openings, but did say at
least one of the retailers will move into the space currently occupied by
Gottschalks.

The Fresno-based department store announced earlier this week that its
Moscow location is going out of business in January.

Bendickson said the public can expect to hear sometime next week about the
anticipated arrivals of the new stores.

"We are still in the process of putting that information together,"
Bendickson said. "We'll make an announcement when we're ready."

Several calls to the corporate offices of Old Navy and Bed, Bath and Beyond
this week were not returned.

In Pullman, construction is underway for an Ace Hardware store at the
Wheatland Center retail space previously occupied by Safeway.

The owners, Doug and Linda Henry of Henry's Ace Hardware in
Milton-Freewater, Ore., were not available for comment, but store manager
Justin Schouten said the family is anticipating a mid-spring opening.

"That's what we're shooting for, anyway," Schouten said Friday from his
office in Milton-Freewater. "At this point, I don't see how we could open
the doors any sooner than that."