[Vision2020] Arizona State Contacts Erickson

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 8 07:43:30 PST 2006

Even if Dennis Erickson doesn't get the nod at ASU, I've lost a lot of
respect for him.  He's been back at the U of I slightly longer than the
length of a pregnancy.  He came into the job with eyes wide open regarding
the facilities problem and the catching up with the WAC the program has in
front of it.  "I can see myself retiring here", he said.  I now believe he
was simply bored and thought, what the hell, I'll coach here until something
else comes along.  There has been no shortage of people who warned Idaho
about it, but we allowed ourselves to be fooled.  Erickson will be 60 on his
next birthday.  If he coaches until the age of 70, that leaves the man with
about 3 more ships to jump before he does retire.   Carl Westberg Jr.