[Vision2020] for Doug Farris, right in public

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Dec 7 17:49:27 PST 2006

My off-list correspondent, Heirdoug Farris, rues the fact that I am so
desperate for "everyone" to like me, liberals and non-Christians especially,
that I'll go to whatever lengths to defend them and only jump on Farris so I
can win their favor.

Dang.  I don't think my efforts have worked too well, then -- my two or
three closest friends are entirely non-political, and  neighborhood
activists, charter school supporters, and liberal atheists aren't likely to
flood my mailbox with holiday party invitations anytime soon.  I guess my
appeasement tactics haven't been nearly as effective as I would have liked.
On the other hand, I've managed to anger Heirdoug and the various other
Dougs of the Kirk, and if one's character is known by one's detractors, I
think I'm on the right track.

But because Heirdoug Farris seems to doubt my Christian commitment, let me
assure him, in public, that I am a Nicene-creed holding, Biblically
literate, evangelistically-oriented, Gospel-preaching, non-charismatic,
volitionally-baptized, thoroughly feminist social justice evangelical who
holds the Bible to be the Word of God.  Why that apparently has escaped him
continues to be a mystery, but I think I know why it might really bug him .
. .

keely