[Vision2020] Passing of Dr. Jack Wenders

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Mon Dec 4 20:11:11 PST 2006

Cordial greetings Dave,

The well read, multi trick wonder horse might browse through the chapters on
"Freedom, Democracy and Collectivism" and then perhaps, skip to the section
on "Popular Culture and Political Correctness." If those two set OK with
you, read "The Economists Perspective". (You've probably already read a good
bit of what's there if you read the local paper in the early nineties.) If
that doesn't kill you, broaden your horizons and move on to a little Thomas
Sowell and Walter Williams ( the quote that Mr. Farris provided earlier
today was quite good) For desert, treat yourself to a small slice of P. J.
O'Rourke's 'Eat the Rich', not terribly filling but quite tart and tasty.

Considering our brief acquaintance back during the tail end of the Carter
administration, I don't imagine that conservative economic thought is going
to resonate all that well with you, but it is interesting reading and it
never hurts to add one more perspective to your inventory, whether it agrees
with your "considerations of specialization" or not.