[Vision2020] St. John Wenders

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Mon Dec 4 11:49:03 PST 2006

Outstanding, Saundra.  Thank you.

keely

From: "Saundra Lund" <sslund at adelphia.net>
To: <Vision2020 at moscow.com>
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] St. John Wenders
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 11:23:01 -0800

(My apologies if this shows up twice -- I'm in Limbo Land with transition
from Adelphia to Time Warner's Roadrunner, and this was originally sent from
Roadrunner.  I'm hoping the first send successfully reached Ms. Hovey, Mr.
Decker, and Mr. Nielsen & am not resending to them.)

In part, Sue Hovey wrote:
"He told me a few years ago the education monies expended on my disabled
daughter's education were, "a monumental waste of taxpayer funds."  That is
his direct quote, and no, I will never forget his words.  I can say with
certainty, my daughter, despite her disabilites, has made a more positive
contribution to this community and the people who live here, than Jack
Wenders ever did."

Oh, I'm so, so, so very sorry you were subjected to such *stupid* ugliness
:-(  Those are words that I, too, would never forget  :-(

And, I'm very sorry that Mr. Wenders was so lacking in humanity and
compassion that he not only would even think something like that, but that
he found it acceptable to say it to you, or to anyone else, for that matter
:-(((  It makes me sad to realize that his vision was so narrow, his basic
humanity was so deficient, and he was so utterly clueless.  What a lot of
life he missed!  Such a tragedy for him . . .

It seems to me the retirement deal he cut with former UI President Richard
Gibb (see Ralph Nielsen's post:
http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2006-December/038396.html) was
the only "monumental waste of taxpayer funds" in the equation!

It goes without saying I still have great sympathy for his loved ones --
it's always difficult to lose those we love.

To those of you who think it's unseemly to speak ill of the dead I would
respond I think it more valuable to support those still living in our
community who have been harmed.

JMHO,
Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
- Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2006, Saundra Lund.
Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****

  List services made available by First Step Internet,
           mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com