[Vision2020] Getting a.....

Melissa Hendrickson hend5953 at uidaho.edu
Thu Aug 31 07:51:30 PDT 2006

As a regular performer and a former bouncer at the Beach, I can say
that the Beach is not a "Sleeze joint."  While owner may not take
great care in the building and lives outside of the area, the managers
try to create a safe and welcoming place for all people with the
limited resources they are given.

The Beach is often put down in the public view because of some of the
events the owner brings when he is town, but if you look at the
billboard when he is not in town the events are pretty standard for a
night club, ie, benefits for the Humane Society and Palouse Pride,
Drag Shows, Comedy night, teen night and country night.  The managers
have established a policy of no hate speech in the club, which extends
to all nights and whoever is having a party.  It is not tolerated and
those individuals are asked to leave.

Also, as for the accusation of the Beach being a "Date Rape" bar, as a
staff we were vigilant in telling people to protect their drinks. The
club staff will kick people out if they are caught engaging in overly
sexual behavior in the club.

The Beach provides a SAFE atmosphere for all people, 18 and over.
Maybe you should go to the club before bagging on it in a public
forum.

Mo