[Vision2020] Fwd: Is there a correlation between "Fore Gras" Killing Babies!

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Sun Aug 27 11:27:43 PDT 2006

Donovan,

You wrote: "it is illogical to be opposed to the torture of animals and be for abortion." This is incorrect.

Some animal rights activists think that animals are persons -- have rights -- yet also believe that no fetus is a person. You might disagree with this view (I do) but it is not "illogical."

Also, it is not illogical to suppose that the prolonged torture of any animal is wrong but that it is sometimes permissible to kill a fetus, for instance when the mother's life is in danger. One might hold this view and be "for abortion" in the sense that one is against making abortion illegal. This is close to my own view and it is not "illogical."

One last comment which didn't occur to me when I wrote my previous post. It is silly to talk about being "for abortion" or "against abortion." Abortion is just the killing of a fetus. No one would ever say that they were "for killing" and few people are willing to live with the consequences of being "against killing."

Best, Joe

---- Donovan Arnold <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:

=============
Doug makes a good point.

 If you are opposed to the killing  and/or torture of any animal, which is the bases for fighting against  eating some types of animals. Why not be against abortion? Even if it  is not a "human being" to some people's definitions, it certainly can  feel pain and suffer as it is being aborted. I don't expect an answer  from that because it is illogical to be opposed to the torture of  animals and be for abortion.

  Best,

  _DJA

Andreas Schou <ophite at gmail.com> wrote:  On 8/26/06, heirdoug at netscape.net  wrote:

> Joe,
>
> I'm still wondering if you have had any more thoughts about my
> comparison and my challenge to you, Saundra and Megan and any others
> who still think that human life begins after birth.

Doug --

If there is a moral equivalency between a fetus and an infant, why are
the Biblical punishments for causing the death of an fetus and causing
the death of a child so radically different?

-- ACS

> Time to put your money where your mouth is. It's only $50.00 a month
> and I know that they could use it.
>
> Doug!

> Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail -- 2 GB of storage and
> industry-leading spam and email virus protection.

>  List services made available by First Step Internet,

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com