[Vision2020] Mike Hoffman

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Sat Aug 26 16:13:40 PDT 2006

I appreciate Matt's comment:

"Welcome to the BS and venom that this site brings. The problem is a lot of
the people on this site have no lives and would rather bitch and gripe all
day then actually do something productive in their lives."

He was careful to make sure he was referencing only "a lot of the people,"
which I take to be something along the lines of "a significant minority."
I'm not sure this is entirely accurate, given the strong language "bitch and
gripe all day then actually do something productive." I think that the
majority of those who do contribute - if we factor out the frequency of
contribution - are very reasonable and helpful.  However, I appreciate
Matt's willingness to express his opinion on this while being careful not to
paint with a big broad brush, which is common within the Kirk (.e.g. "it is
all a slew of shit."  "they are all fools."  "Vision 2020 is Blind; it is
Venum2020").  This is particularly important to note given that some of the
more snarky posts come from kirkers, those who claim unique connection with
God and moral/spiritual superiority.

Thanks

Michael Metzler