[Vision2020] Critical Mass incident

Megan Prusynski megan at meganpru.com
Fri Aug 25 11:53:53 PDT 2006

Hi Philip,
The incident I described took place a few years ago (2003 I think). I
am not sure if the girl was arrested & taken in, but she was
handcuffed from what I remember. The entire crowd of Critical mass
participants stopped and surrounded the cops and the girl when this
happened, so it was kinda hard to see what was going on. But they did
say she had been out of the bike lane & riding in the street just a
bit, after they had forced us to all ride single file in the bike
lanes, and that's why they stopped us, handcuffed her, and I believe
cited her but I didn't stick around to see the end of the fiasco. I
am not sure if she was actually taken in or what the charge was, but
she was handcuffed.

Yes, it was very disturbing to see, and the cops made a huge presence
at all subsequent Critical Mass rides, brought cameras and cop cars
to follow us along the route, etc.

Sorry I don't know more about it, I can try to dig up some pictures
if you wish. I think I took one or two of the cops surrounding the
girl who they cited.

~megan