[Vision2020] West of Paris

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Fri Aug 25 10:55:08 PDT 2006

Very well said, Megan -- thank you.

And since you've now become familiar with the strategy of some Visionaries
to hurl around empty accusations, I'm going to take this opportunity to
address a couple.

Austin Storm:  your unkind accusations on Courtney's blog were brought to my
attention.  Just to set the record straight for you -- although I've no
confidence you care about real facts -- and for Mr. Crabtree (whom I'm
genuinely disappointed in) and any others, I was absolutely sincere when I
wrote that I debated long & hard about whether to post on V2020 about West
of Paris serving foie gras.

Indeed, had West of Paris *not* been affiliated with Christ Church, there
would have been *no* debate for me:  I'd have posted the info in a New York
minute rather than debating with myself about it for a couple of days.  Had
my best friend been opening a restaurant that would be serving foie gras,
I'd have posted about it with no internal debate.  If were *anyone* other
than someone affiliated with the Kirk that was serving foie gras in a
restaurant, I'd have posted immediately.  Anyone who knows me knows this
about me -- my passion and activism for animal welfare long predates the
Kirk hierarchy running amok in Moscow.

Quite frankly, I knew the Kirk apologists would attempt to turn this into
something it's not, just as they *always* do.  Smoke & mirrors are the only
defense they can muster.

West of Paris' abhorrent choice to serve foie gras has NOTHING TO DO WITH
any perceived religious persecution.  It has to do with perpetuating the
absolutely unconscionable and wholly unnecessary mistreatment of non-human
animals.

Please, folks, let's keep the focus where it rightly belongs.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
- Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2006, Saundra Lund.
Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****