[Vision2020] [Norton AntiSpam] Re: Inconvenient Truth -- What WE REALLY HAVE TO DO

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Aug 24 16:42:36 PDT 2006

I am not stating that this should be strictly a government undertaking.  I
am suggesting that for any program to develop "teeth" it either must be
supported by the government or those enterprises that possess the lion's
share of the market.

To expand on Arnold's red/green apples analogy.  Yes.  The lower-cost green
apples would benefit those people who prefer apples, but cannot afford the
more expensive red apples.  The question then becomes, "How are you going to
be able to supply your green apples over a large region and still maintain
low costs?", unless you can enter the apple market at the same level (and
volume) as your red-apple competitor.

The free market (pronounced "Exxon", "Standard Oil", etc. etc) has already
pretty much dictated what fuel we will use.  For the sake of energy
conservation and our environment, the government must take action in
expanding current alternate fuel research programs and make a clear and
unwavering statement that vehicles manufactured after a certain year WILL
NOT be designed to operate on fossil fuels.  This approach worked in
converting to lead-free fuels.  It can work to eliminate our dependence on
fossil fuels altogether.

sideways, chocolate in one hand, a drink in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. What a ride!'"

  _____