[Vision2020] Public Works Meeting

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 16 17:11:08 PDT 2006

Kit;

Thanks for the pics.

My question to the Mayor is if THESE signs are not working to slow traffic
down (and they are NOT) why would putting two more up in the same area work?
  A Stop sign, a signal, a-pedestrian-invoked signal would not only slow the
drivers down but allow the kids to cross at a more even patterned manner.
Right now, they can be standing at those corners for over 10 minutes waiting
for the traffic to notice them and allow them to cross.

As one person pointed out at the Admin Meeting, sometimes the cars can be
backed up 11 deep or better; another good reason to put lights or signs up -
keep the traffic moving.

I don't get why this is so hard to understand.

J  :]