[Vision2020] Second Coming of JC (for Dick)

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Sat Aug 12 16:15:40 PDT 2006

While I respect their right to believe as they wish, their thin
veneer layer
of "we respect everyone's right to worship as they please" is wearing
even
thinner.  They will still be waiting for the video proof of
Christianity, in
deference of believing through faith, when Christ returns for the final
judgment.  Hell will be filled with intelluctuals.

God bless,

Dick S.

I'm afraid you have two problems here, Dick. The first is that Doug
Wilson and his group do not believe in the Second Coming. The second
is that not only Paul the Apostle but Jesus himself believed that the
Second Coming would occur in their day, in the first century, not in
the 21st or any later century. (The first is not second, and the
second is not first, if you know what I mean. :-)

	WHEN IS JESUS COMING?

I tell you the truth, there are some standing here who will not taste
death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom (Matthew
16:28).

Truly, I tell you, this generation will not pass away before all
these things have taken place (Matthew 24:34; Mark 13:30).

So also, when you see these things happening: know that the kingdom
of God is near. In truth I tell you, before this generation has
passed away all will have taken place (Luke 21:31-32).

For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are
alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede
those who have died. For the Lord himself will descend from heaven,
and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who
are left, will be caught up in the clouds together with them to meet
the Lord in the air, and so we will be with the Lord forever (1
Thessalonians 4:15-17).

I am coming soon! I am indeed coming soon! (Revelation 22:12, 20).

The Gospel of Mark was written around the year 71, Matthew around 80,
and Luke around the year 90. The apostle Paul wrote his first letter
to the Thessalonians - in Greece - around the year 50. Revelation was
written around the year 90.

This statement was first typed in the year 1995, almost 2,000 years
after Jesus and Paul made these promises. So according to the Bible,
they were both false prophets.