[Vision2020] It's wrong!

Scott Dredge sdredge at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 11 16:45:03 PDT 2006

Viz'ers,

This is my last post today and since we've been on the topic of rights and wrongs in baseball, I'm appalled that an advertising banner for Levi's has been allowed to be hung on the right field foul pole at the stadium formerly known as Pac*Bell Park in San Francisco.  This is just plain wrong and potentially could interfere with proper home run calls.  MLB should order it removed immediately or demand a hefty amount of money from the advertiser to allow it to remain on condition that they change the white lettering to black so that a ball hit near the foul pole can easily be seen by the umpiring crew.  This is such an important issue to me that I'm cc'ing USA Today sports columnist Jon Saraceno in hopes that he will publish a condemnation of this outrageous practice that so far as I can tell has only been implemented in one ballpark.

-Scott