[Vision2020] True Muslims and True Americans

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Fri Aug 11 16:49:17 PDT 2006

Greetings:

I'm now absolutely certain that the Princess is Doug Jones.  Why don't you simply come out and be honest about your identity, Doug?  Pretty amazing that his guy can then call me dishonest!

Jones uses a typical Wilsonian tactic.  He defines orthodox Christianity his way (Burger King-like) and then turns around declares that I have a deep hatred for Christianity.  My good Christian friends would be very surprised at that, especially the evangelicals that I meet every year at my conferences.

Jones know very well that there are many views of how Christ atones for human sin, and I simply expressed my distaste for one of them, actual blood sacrifice, which I find most objectionable. If done correctly, Cruxifixions draws little blood (the Romans wanted their victims to suffer as long as possible), and only Mel Gibson has Jesus losing more blood that ten men together.

Interpreting Christianity in this way gives it primitive religion status, not the world religion status that it is deserves.  I rank Jesus and the Buddha as the two greatest spiritual leaders in human history.

I'll never forget the Indian Christian priest sitting next to me at an evangelical Christian wedding in Bangalore in 1992.  After singing some of their hymns, he leaned over to me and whispered: "You would think that the isles would be flowing with blood."  Is this good Christian a "God hater," too?

I clarified my language about respecting the right to believe, but Jones goes on a two-paragraph pointless harangue.  Yes, I know all about your theocratic beliefs, and I hope you never get to impose them.  You have a perfect right to have them and espouse them, and I have also have a right to offer my criticisms.

Nick Gier