[Vision2020] Poor Sportsmanship

Steven Basoa sbasoa at moscow.com
Fri Aug 11 15:58:17 PDT 2006

Now, now, DW.  Seattle has at least one other bright, shining moment
in the history of sports: The 1979 Seattle Supersonics, coached by
Lenny Wilkens, won the NBA crown.

SB

On Aug 11, 2006, at 2:58 PM, David Williams wrote:

Flame-O-Deacon,

I believe your assertion was the Philadelphia had "the worst teams in
sports
history".  Now was that accurate (think slowly and carefully, maybe a
few
deep breaths)?  Quit hiding behind the mediocrity of your city and
its poor
performances.  One of the great things about cheering for Seattle is
that
there never has, never is, and never will be any expecation to win
ANYTHING,
from the World Series to the Homerun Derby.  Oh, wait a minute.  KG
jr. won
it a few years back.  Hey, I've got an idea.  Maybe you could add
that to
the list of Seattle sports success.  It could use a little lengthening,
something besides a hockey team from 1917.

DW

p.s.  You mentioned Philly as being dead last out of the 13 cities
each with
4 pro sports teams.  Funny, thats the same number of World Series
we've been
to.  You could have Nethaniel Ealy's right hand, and still count the
number
of times Seattle has been to the Fall Classic.

  List services made available by First Step Internet,
           mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com