[Vision2020] The (New) Troy Reservoir

Steven Basoa sbasoa at moscow.com
Fri Aug 11 14:25:56 PDT 2006

On Aug 11, 2006, at 10:30 AM, Mark Solomon wrote:
I've taken city staff and others on several mountain tours over the
past year highlighting reservoir potential.

Mark

******
And what has been the Moscow staff's reaction?  Do they seem to be
actively interested?  Do they feel as if this a worthwhile option?
(If not, then why not?).

Regarding Tom Ivie's question about funding:  The ultimate back-up
funding is always the taxpayers wallets. This is Troy's next step:
convincing their tax base that this is a worthwhile goal.  I assume
that there might be options such as government/private sector grants
or funding.  Obviously a Moscow area reservoir would take a
tremendous effort and much creative planning.  Once a decision is
made that a reservoir is feasible, I suppose the next step would be
to figure out the funding.  And that is certainly beyond my scope.
(But I'd be willing to make a small donation...)

SB