[Vision2020] You Make the Call

Deacon James deaconblues42 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 13:43:23 PDT 2006

Chris,

My point is that it was the championship game. I think that they have all
season to play like that and I wouldn't have a problem with it at all.
However, when it comes to playing in the championship game, I have no
problem with giving the slugger a free pass.

In March, I was listening to a Mariners spring training game and the
opposing pitcher intentionally walked Ichiro. That, to me, is stupid, and it
made me mad. Regular season -- fine, but not in spring training. The manager
needs to see what his pitcher can do. I think this is a similar case.

And on a side, why is the team's worst hitter batting right after the best?
Must have been a pinch hitter/runner...

Take care,

Deacon