[Vision2020] True Muslims and True Americans

Tony Simpson tonytime at clearwire.net
Fri Aug 11 10:57:22 PDT 2006

All hail the Princess!  Tanaka nails it again.  She apparently finds all
these contemporary liberal platitudes about respect, tolerance, etc. as
obnoxious and condescending as I do.  It would be ok if they didn't take
such an air--headed, no exceptions approach to human relations.

Some religious teachings are repugnant and deserving of rebuke, not respect.
Tolerance of the intolerable is inappropriate.  Moral relativism, as Allan
Bloom so brilliantly elucidated, is a childish and unrealistic notion.

This may come as a shock to Teach Gier, but there is such a thing as right
and wrong.  The first amendment does not protect those who choose to line
their pockets producing material which rots at the fabric of civilization.
And some religious beliefs are quite simply barbaric and horrendous.

As thinking, evolving creatures of intellect we have to make judgments,
distinctions.  We have to discriminate between what is logical and fair and
what is tyrannical and oppressive.  We must not retreat behind a wall of
comfortable ignorance where we are not required to make such judgments.
Where a rigid adherence to dogma precludes free and enlivened debate.  In
this era it is as much the liberal who clings to his dogma of air--headed PC
horse shit as it is the conservative Christian uncomfortable engaging the
skeptical in dialog.

Taro, thanks for your thoughtful contributions.  Your impatience with your
intellectual inferiors is admirable.

Have a wonderful weekend,  --Tony