[Vision2020] An invitation to a meeting with MSD to consider the Charter for a new school

Nils Peterson nils_peterson at wsu.edu
Wed Aug 9 07:38:51 PDT 2006

Visionaries,

I am a member of Board of the Palouse Prairie Educational Organization, a
group that has submitted a Charter to Moscow School District requesting to
open a new Charter School in Moscow.

Moscow presently has Moscow Charter, which has an arts emphasis in its
curriculum. We are proposing another school, which will have a experiential
learning emphasis. The model we have adopted is called Experiential Learning
Outward Bound, which is supported by a national organization (
http://www.elob.org/) who will provide the school with curriculum design
consultants and other resources. Anser School in Boise uses this same model
and they have found it successful.

I am writing to invite you to a public meeting with the Moscow School Board
where they will take input and begin their 60 day process of reviewing the
Charter.

The meeting is Thursday, August 17, 7PM in the Jr Hi Band Room

Our website is http://palouseprairieschool.org/, but if I can provide you
more information on Palouse Prairie school please feel free to ask.

I suspect that some of you may wish to debate the merits of Charter schools
relative to their impact on "Public" schools (note that Charter schools are
public in their funding, learning outcomes requirements, open and free
admission, and other policies), or the politics of Charters vs vouchers.

Nils