[Vision2020] An Iraqi Veteran's Testimony

Dick Sherwin rvrcowboy at clearwire.net
Wed Aug 9 07:30:50 PDT 2006

Tom Hansen asks:  "How is Iraq currently sponsoring "terrorism against the
rest of the world?"  Last time I read, or heard, any news we were (are)
involved in a conflict in Iraq attempting to preserve the Iraqi people and
their  government.  Please enlighten us."

Tom is correct in stating our purpose in Iraq is to preserve the Iraqi
people and their government.  However, this task appears to be impossible
for two big reasons;  First, the Iraqi's themselves are more concerned with
which religious sect is going to be in control than in forming a government
of, by and for all the people.  Second, the anti-war crowd in our own
country are making it nearly impossible to achieve any stated purpose in
Iraq by bringing political pressure on the military and swaying public
opinion against them.  This, in turn, sends a signal to the terrorists they
are winning, reinforcing their resolve to continue.

All this nonsense is causing the war to drag out, resulting in more deaths
on both sides and in the civilian population of Iraq.  This fuels the flames
of the anti-war crowd even more and intensifies the problems of ever
achieving any sort of stalemate, let alone victory, in Iraq.

As for Syria and Iran, if you believe a diplomatic approach with these
lunitics is possible, as Tom claims, "Iran and Syria are the closest to
considering (diplomatic relations) in the past 40 years), ...,"  you most
likely have not been paying attention.  Diplomacy to the Muslim world means
delaying the inevitable attack long enough to regroup, re-enforce and
prepare for the Jihad.  Iran and Syria are the two prime examples of this
philosophy.  How can we ever reach a diplomatic solution with those who kill
their own?

The only resolution left is to nuke em'.  What else would they ever
understand?

Dick S...