[Vision2020] An Iraqi Veteran's Testimony

Dick Sherwin rvrcowboy at clearwire.net
Tue Aug 8 08:35:24 PDT 2006

Remember the old adage, "There are two sides to every story?"

I have just spent the last few days on the fire line in the area south of
the highway, between Cherry Lane Bridge and the Thunderbird Store, on the
Clearwater.  I was with several young men who had recently returned from
duty in Iraq and not one of them was negative about either their experience
or their government over it.  Most of them were anxious to return and finish
the mission.

It always seems the bitchers and whiners get the attention, probably because
they seek it out.  Once they get some media attention (not a difficult thing
to do), people like Nick can't wait to pick up on it and spread it even
farther into the public at large.  I can tell you personally, it disgusts
the large majority of those who served under the same circumstances.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it sure gets tiresome hearing
the proverbial "squeeky wheel" constantly whinning in one's ear.

Dick S.