[Vision2020] vigil for ceasefire in the middle east

Sally Perrine sperrine at potlatch.com
Sun Aug 6 08:53:06 PDT 2006

Lebanon and Israel conflict, The Palouse Peace Coalition will
hold a vigil tomorrow, August 7 to reflect and stand in solidarity with
those involved.
   Where:  Friendship Square, Moscow
   When: Monday, August 7 from 4:30 - 6:00
   Why: 1) to call for a ceasefire,
        2) to demand that all governments stop the supply of arms to the
conflict and
        3) to stand in solidarity with the victims and survivors from both
sides of this conflict.

"In past weeks we have seen the catastrophic events of the conflict between
Israel and Lebanon unfold and magnify into a
devastating series of violent atrocities and war crimes. We hear of the
hundreds of lives lost, the homes destroyed, the
many thousands made homeless, families torn apart and livelihoods crushed.
This evening, Amnesty International members
around the world, our supporters, our friends and our fellow partner
organizations all stand together in solidarity with
those who have suffered in this conflict. We mourn deeply for the victims
and our hearts reach out to their families to
wish them strength in this time of chaos. Our thoughts also stay closely
with those surviving the conflict in the face
of extreme danger, to whom we wish courage and immediate safety. We call on
Israel and Hizbullah to start respecting
the lives and the human rights of innocent people. And we implore other
governments around the world to intervene to
help the people of Israel and Lebanon - and to join our call for an end to
this senseless violence. Today we stand together
with a simple message: For all our sakes, ceasefire."

More information is available at the Amnesty International website.
http://www.amnestyusa.org/countries/israel_lebanon/index.html