[Vision2020] Fw: Letter to the Editor: Church is noninclusive

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 5 14:27:44 PDT 2006

Why is it, I have to wonder, that this girl has been allowed to other
functions and other church-involved gatherings but is nae allowed to this
one?  Were children nae at those when she was?  Did she pose a threat then?

If she poses a "threat" or a "problem" why now?  What has changed about her
or her ability to be around the wee ones?  Yes, she is 48 - physically.
Mentally, she is nae but a wee one herself.  If the Aunt or others watch her
as much as they normally would a child, what is the big deal?

That is all I am asking.

To be fair, it was the Director of the Children's Ministry that made this
decision - the pastor just agreed.  Nae innocent is he, as he should be the
leader of this church.  Howbeit, the Director is the one that should be
answering these queries.

What I HOPE is nae happening is that since the VBS is open to the public in
general and will include children from outside the church's circle, the
church is seeing this child as a possible embarassment or cause for a weary
look from those outside the chruch nae used to her or her way of being.
PLEASE, donna let that be what is happening.

J  :]