[Vision2020] Who earns minimum wage?

Tony Simpson tonytime at clearwire.net
Sat Aug 5 08:28:28 PDT 2006

All this talk of minimum wage has me wondering why we can't mandate a minimum level of performance?  If it is accepted that anything less than X amount of compensation per hour is adequate and reasonable, why is it not also just that we mandate that employees perform with a modicum of industriousness?

Bottom line is, in too many cases, the unskilled beginners filling these positions do a drag-ass, open-mouthed, dull-eyed job.  This notion that we should insulate them from the consequences of such slug-like performance is counterproductive and unrealistic.  As such, it is no surprise to see automatic hikes in the minimum wage supported by the likes of the anti-capitalist Joan and crew.

Crabtree is right: Let the market sort out performance and compensation.

Open-mouthed in Lewiston,       --Tony