[Vision2020] Jerry Brady on the Auntie E. and Brother C. show

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 4 19:06:03 PDT 2006

Another question for Mr. Brady:

Idaho, like many other states, has State as well as Federal laws that they
are supposed to follow in regards to child support recovery; i.e., if they
know where the "absent" parent is, they need to go after that person (96%
are men) and recover the monies owed.  Why, then, does Idaho NOT follow
through with other states when they know where the parent is?  If another
state, for instance, has a policy or a "known fact" of violating the Fed
Laws and does not pursue the "absent" parent, why doesn't Idaho press the
issue and go to court seeking remedy that is available through the court
system?  Why is it that it seems easier for the State of Idaho to put the
children on the Medicaid/Food Stamp/AFDC programs than to do their job and
get the "absent" parent to pay their share of raising the child(ren)?  What
happened to "It takes a village to raise a child" that was so flaunted about
some years ago?  When is THIS state going to take the bull by the horns and
DEMAND the rights of the child(ren) be protected and the support be
received?

When did it become ok for the children of this state to be in a situation of
poverty when going after the "absent" parent could help alleviate that
situation and help the State coffers out at the same time?

Is anyone collecting these questions so they can be asked?

J  :]