[Vision2020] Jerry Brady on the Auntie E. and Brother C. show

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Aug 4 16:29:23 PDT 2006

One "MUST ASK" question of Jerry Brady:

If sales tax were increased by one percentage point to recover revenue lost
by reduced property taxes, would Jerry Brady support exempting food from
sales tax?

In my opinion, reducing property taxes while increasing sales tax (and
retaining tax on food) is like robbing from the poor to pay the rich.

Don't get me wrong.  I support reduced property taxes, but NOT at an
increased cost of putting food on the table.

"If we did all the things that we are capable of doing, we would literally
astound ourselves."

- Thomas Edison