[Vision2020] PC is the way to be!

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Fri Aug 4 07:36:36 PDT 2006

Donovan says:

". . . it is so much more important that we focus on calling children
with a disability as "children with a disability" rather than" disabled
child" instead of focusing on the larger issue that a person running for
public office didn't want them being next door to him. I mean really,
which is the larger offense to these children?"

Evidently you don't read what is typed, nor do you hear what is said in
a public hearing.  I took no issue with the children or any alleged
disabilities.  The applicants mentioned them, but that was neither here
nor there to me, since I knew nothing of them.  I took issue with having
a noisy traffic generator next door to me.  I'd already had enough
problems with prior renters turning around in my driveway and yard, I
didn't want a bunch of hurried parents doing the same.

At the moment, I have no issue with them whatsoever, other than a few
toys that get tossed over the fence by rambunctious ragamuffins (that we
sometimes manage to rescue from the dog).  Most of the parents dropping
off and picking up are very conscientious of the neighborhood.
Admittedly, there are a few who could stand to drop it down a gear when
they hit our street, but nowhere near as bad as the fast and furious who
live in the apartment complexes across the street.  We'll see how the
new owners handle the employee parking situation.

As far as Donovan's allegations, I feel like I'm talking to a wall.

DC