[Vision2020] alternative routes

Bruce and Jean Livingston jeanlivingston at turbonet.com
Thu Aug 3 10:01:32 PDT 2006

Not only was notice given some time ago, but the local authorities have
relatively little to say about any of it, as I understand.  The work is
being done on the highway that goes through town.  I don't know whether it
is federal or state authorities running the show, as both state Hwy 8 and US
Hwy 95 run concurrently up Washington, but this project is being driven by
the highway authorities, not the City, so far as I can tell.  I also seem to
remember reading that the "staggering the project over time"option was
considered and rejected based on increased costs of doing that.  Recent
stories have stated that the project is expected to take about 5-6 weeks.

Bruce Livingston