[Vision2020] Shut down, both 6th and 3rd! What idiot came up with this plan?

April Fingerlos aprilf at fingerlos.net
Tue Aug 1 09:29:54 PDT 2006

The large pipework, survey stakes, and earth-moving equipment in my backyard say this argument's life span is limited, at best, as Third is extended from Mountainview east. The ground has been broken for this project. I'm a B St driver (well, as of tomorrow, D to A to Third, for a few months), but I'd much rather just get on Third at Mountainview and stay there.

Don't forget, though, these two projects are being run by two different entities--Sixth by the City and Washington by ITD. They have different schedules and different resource allocations. There was an article in the paper a month or so ago stating the City was trying to finish Sixth before the ITD work started, but it was going to be a stretch due to resource constraints. The City has absolutely no control over the ITD schedule, and likely didn't do it's commuters a favor by finishing Sixth in time, but as none of us are on the resource planning side, it's out of our hands.

Yes, the ITD project is slated for 2 full months minimum, 3 months likely. The article noted that, too.

April

April Fingerlos
Moscow, ID