[Vision2020] Shut down, both 6th and 3rd! What idiot came up with this plan?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 1 09:09:47 PDT 2006

Dan,

 You need to look on a map. If there was a bridge through  3rd Street it could not get all the way across town. The only thing a  3rd street bridge would accomplish is a route to Mountainview. Everyone  that lives east of Mountainview lives way to the north or way to the  south of 3rd and would just use 6th or B st anyway, because it has  fewer stops, less traffic, and is a shorter route.

 6th  Street and 3rd Street are the roads residents of Moscow use to travel  east and west and west to east. I would be willing to bet 3/4 of the  population uses those two streets daily, or most days of the week.

  To shut down both of them at the same time is such an inconsiderate,  incompetent, and unnecessary move that shows a poor understanding of  this city and its traffic patterns.

  I also heard it will be November before 6th Street reopens.

  Best,

  _DJA

Dan Carscallen <areaman at moscow.com> wrote:  Donovan says:
 "We now have NO through streets that run from the east side of town to
the west side of town."

We only have one anyway -- 6th -- because there's no bridge across
Paradise Creek at 3rd Street.

And I'm pretty sure we'll all survive construction.  We do every other
year.

DC

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com