[Vision2020] Does Ed Cooper == Ed Swan?

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 23:15:42 PDT 2006

On 4/28/06, Ed <ecooper at turbonet.com> wrote:

> Very good detective work--I'm sure with the assistance of the Huskey's...

Thanks for the compliment.  However, this was a solo effort, not
involving the Huskey's, or anyone else.

I'm almost disappointed.  Why?  Wade through this (posted by Ed Swan):

http://www.studentsforacademicfreedom.org/comp/viewComplaint.asp?complainId=360

In the midst of all of this verbiage, you make this claim:

"I was duped into telling the truth (AS I ALWAYS DO)"

Note the the emphasis is mine.  How does always telling the truth
correlate with this (copied from
http://www.worldmagblog.com/blog/archives/019289.html, and posted by
Ed Cooper):

"Boy, it's interesting what you can find when you search one's name
and age…Ed Swan is a good friend of mine, I know his case and him as
well as anyone…Where to begin? Too many myths on here to dispel. The
main point is that WSU's College of Education is requiring him to
subscribe to a certain political and social ideology (theirs—the only
right one) as a prerequisite for graduation. This is coercion and a
violation of his First Amendment rights.

College is supposed to be a free marketplace of ideas, a place where
anything can be discussed as means to learning. Ed is not a white
supremacist; as a matter of fact, he despises that very group. He has
bi-racial children; most of his friends are Hispanic. However, as a
white male, he does value tradition and heritage—things we incessantly
tell minorities to do; why the double standard here? Why are whites,
as a group, always talked about in a negative light? Ed does not
believe that white privilege and male privilege exist anymore—for a
variety of reasons. He does acknowledge, however, that racism still
exists between many segments of society.

Get this: he failed a deposition in one class because of his love for
hunting and embracing conservative traditional values; he failed
another for not admitting white and male privilege exist; he failed
another for writing "diversity is perversity" in a paper that embraces
racial and ethnic diversity, but questions the National good of
cultural diversity, enclaves, and Balkanization of curricula and
society that result.

Ultimately, he is entitled to any view he wants to have—especially in
a university setting. If these views are adversely manifested in a
classroom setting, that's a different story. Why is he more likely to
proselytize in an elementary classroom than is a liberal? This Nation
was founded on beliefs that Ed embraces—and gets him into trouble.
Now, these beliefs are an example of a bad disposition?

He has completed several practicum experiences with nothing but rave
reviews from his mentor teachers, his is taking an enormous pay cut to
teach. The only factor to be considered in receiving a degree should
be whether he knows how to teach and the content involved. He has
passed the West-E, the West-B and currently has a 3.86 GPA..

Yes, FIRE has effectively stopped the college of education's illegal
requirement for him to adopt their political beliefs as a requirement
of graduation--for the meantime anyway. Just in case, he tries to keep
his opinions out of controversial issues although it's betraying
himself as well as his convictions. Ultimately, however, the college
is the one who will hand him the degree. Despite the fact that
indoctrination as a prerequisite for graduation is unconstitutional,
the most discouraging thing is that a leftist university is imposing
their beliefs on future teachers, who will, in turn, do the same to
thousands of future students..thus perpetuating the growing trend of
decadence that conservatives like him should at least be allowed to
voice concern about."

Was someone else using your e-mail, Ed, or were you actually defending
yourself under another identity, as it certainly appears?

I will give you the benefit of the doubt, as of course there could be
an explanation that doesn't involve (attempted) deception.

Do you care to offer that explanation?

By the way, I do believe that the dispositions thing, legally, is
crap.  if one's private convictions and Political Correctness had
always been a teaching criterion, many highly skilled teachers would
never have been allowed to teach.  I believe that many of your private
convictions are wrong (as I understand them), but they never should
have been an issue.  This is a case that should have attracted the
attention of the ACLU, in my opinion.