[Vision2020] Liberal Island

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Apr 26 16:19:53 PDT 2006

Greetings Visionaires -

In spite of Mr. Dickison's request for public records concerning the five
episodes of "Liberal Island" dated:

February 1, 2005
April 5, 2005
May 24, 2005
July 26, 2005
August 9, 2005

It is extremely doubtful that Mr. Dickison will ever realize this portion of
his request.

1)  All episodes of "Liberal Island" were produced, and aired, prior to
January 3, 2006 (when Citizen Ament became Councilman Ament).  Councilman
Ament is a public figure where Citizen Ament is/was a private citizen
(untouchable by public records requests), and

2)  Radio Free Moscow (KRFP, 92.5 FM) records only a select portion of its
programming.  To my knowledge, KRFP never recorded any episodes of "Liberal
Island".

I, on the other hand, have MP3 recordings of each (and every) episode of
"Liberal Island" commencing on January 25, 2005.  Hey, call it a hobby.

When the world seems a bit crazy and nothing appears to make any sense at
all, I pour myself a Bud Light, crank up the speakers, and listen to those
old "Liberal Island" episodes (especially April 5, 2005 and July 26, 2005).
Suddenly tomorrow looks a bit brighter and feels a bit warmer.

But, before anybody gets any ideas that a public records request can access
my computer's hard drive, they are sadly mistaken.  However, there will come
a time and I will fail in my attempt to resist as somebody pries them from
my cold, dead fingers.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

sideways, chocolate in one hand, a drink in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. What a ride!'"